Probably the 2 most popular types of food considered by many people are organic and non-organic food. However, with their popularity choosing between these 2 can become slightly confusing and difficult to choose. Therefore, there are differences between these 2 forms of food you should know about. These are a few of them.
- Non-Organic Food – This is the type of food that is produced with the use of chemicals like pesticides, insecticides, herbicides, etc. Although these chemicals are harmful they are widely used to get rid of insects, pests, etc.
- Organic Food – This is the type of food that is produced with the use of natural fertilizers like manure and compost. When it comes to using chemical’s they are present however, in small containers. When it comes to getting rid of pests and insects, natural elements such as traps and birds are used.
Let’s study a few benefits of organic food.
- Since organic farming uses natural fertilizer more and less of chemicals, the fertility of the soil tends to remain for a longer duration.
- The organic farming technique leads to save more water, conserve more energy, emit less pollution to the atmosphere leading to production of quality organic food.
- The presence of vital elements like vitamins and nutrients makes organic food have more flavor and health benefits as well.
- Animals used in the organic farming technique lead to avoiding the use of antibiotics along with letting the animals have a natural and healthier lifestyle.
Organic produce in Brisbane has seen a rise for many people who wish to eat organic food.